Here we are on Monday on the other side of the readathon and we survived.
I knew from the beginning I wouldn’t do all 24 hours. We had kid stuff we had to do and healthy marriage stuff we wanted to do, so those took precedence. Rachel was wanting some feedback so I figured I’d do this and do the whole two birds, one stone thing.
- How many hours did you read for? (No judgement!) I don’t know exactly how many hours I read, but I’d assume it was closer to 12 than 24. Next time I’m going to have to do a better job of keeping track of that.
- How many books did you read? I read 9 books, but finished 4 of them.
- Did you participate in any of the challenges? Why or why not? I did when I could catch them.
- Do you like the challenges in general? Yes
- Do you have any suggestions for how to make the readathon better next time? Nope.
Yesterday’s tally wasn’t nearly as impressive as Saturday’s. Here’s the rundown.
- Read and finished Love Me Back which was 224 pages.
- Read 55 pages of Save the Date.
It was pretty pitiful. However, I had a lot of fun reading this weekend so that’s what matters. I have to say the best of the books I read was Station Eleven. I’m not quite as big of a fan as the Book Riot people, but I did enjoy it especially since it’s kind of out of my usual reading comfort zone. The worst is the one I haven’t quite finished but I’m not sure I’m the core demographic. Save the Date so far is boring me pretty fast. I’m not much for going to weddings so that might be it, but the writing is kind of lackluster. We’ll see if it ends up on the DNF pile. I really hope to do this again. I had a lot of fun. Now to finish up all these books I started.
If you participated which day did you do better? Did you do all 24 hours? What was your favorite book you read? The worst?