Hey all! We survived the #readathon. I had a lot of fun, but totally had to pull the plug around midnight. My two boys would rule the house if I went without too much sleep. No one would be happy. I feel like I got a lot done though and it was a lot of fun.
The wrap up:
- Books read/finished
- Pearl of China by Anchee Min (finished)
- Vanessa and Her Sister by Priya Parmar
- When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams (finished)
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (finished)
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King (finished
- Pages Read -1098 pages
- Hours Read- 14 hours
- My favorite book of the night was When Women Were Birds. I’m probably going to have to buy this one.
- The most surprising book was Please Ignore Vera Dietz. When people talk about YA this is the kind of book I want to come to their mind instead of Twilight. This was real and visceral for me. It felt like something teenage me would have clung to.
Can’t wait to do this again in October! Now I’m going to go binge on some Scandal and rest my eyes bit from all those words. (Who am I kidding? You know I’m going to read a bit too.)