I have a great support system when it comes to my books and reading and when one of my coven suggested we do an end of the year book tag, I was thrilled.
1. Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
With the move this summer I started and abandoned a lot of books. Not on purpose. It just happened. I got a few of them finished with Nonfiction November, but there are still some fiction titles out there. And then there are a few titles like Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir that I had to put down because my brain wasn’t being able to handle the mindfuckery she was putting me through at the time.
2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
Not really. I’m just looking to finish a few that I already started and some stragglers that I didn’t get to with Nonfiction November.
3. Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?
No, I think thanks to access to Advanced Reader Copies I’ve read all the things I was super excited about already.
4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
The aforementioned Harrow the Ninth for sure. Alisha Rai’s Girl Gone Viral. And I’m cheating on this because it’s a series, but Sarah Kozloff’s The Nine Realms series. It’s meant to be binged so I have 3 books to finish.
5. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
Doubtful. This was a year of Middlegame, Gideon the Ninth, The Starless Sea, The Ten Thousand Doors of January and those were just the SFF titles I loved.
6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2020?
I’m definitely going to hit my Goodreads goal which was 300 books (at the time of writing this I’m at 292 out of 300), and next year my husband challenged me to try for 365. At the moment I’m not working so maybe this is something I can accomplish.